Terms and Conditions
- www.audiodescription.co.uk is a site operated by the Audio Description Association (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under charity number 1084230.
- By using www.audiodescription.co.uk you agree to be bound by these terms, which come into effect immediately you first use of www.audiodescription.co.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to www.audiodescription.co.uk.
- The Audio Description Association may change these terms occasionally. You should check these terms regularly.
- Your continued use of www.audiodescription.co.uk will tell us that you accept these terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using this website.
- You agree to use www.audiodescription.co.uk for lawful purposes only and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of www.audiodescription.co.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person or providing obscene or offensive content
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on www.audiodescription.co.uk and its all content found on the site shall remain the property of the Audio Description Association and its members. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use www.audiodescription.co.uk content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- The names, images and logos identifying the the Audio Description Association or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the Audio Description Association and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the Audio Description Association or any other third party.
Contributions to the the Audio Description Association
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with the Audio Description Association you agree to grant to the Audio Description Association, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons)
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- In order that the Audio Description Association can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give the the Audio Description Association permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
- Please do not break any laws when creating content you may share with the Audio Description Association.
- If you do not want to grant the the Audio Description Association the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with the Audio Description Association.
- In order to participate in and contribute to the the Audio Description Association community you may be required to register with the Audio Description Association. Any personal information supplied to the Audio Description Association as part of this registration process and/or any other interaction with the Audio Description Association will be collected, stored and used in accordance with the the Audio Description Association Privacy Statement.
You agree to use the Audio Description Association community (including message boards) in accordance with the following Rules:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble
- No unlawful or objectionable content: any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be communicating with the Audio Description Association community
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas
- No advertising or promoting beyond that which has been agreed
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules
Your Audio Description Association Membership Account:
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the Audio Description Association community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
- All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
- The Audio Description Association reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple the Audio Description Association accounts, or if an non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
- We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any the Audio Description Association community.
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in the Audio Description Association communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material to the Audio Description Association with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with the Audio Description Association only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of the Audio Description Association or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
If you’re under 16:
- Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before contributing to www.audiodescription.co.uk.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
- If you breach these Rules:
- If you fail to abide by these Rules when contributing to www.audiodescription.co.uk, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
- This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the Audio Description Association’s activities.
- If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with the Audio Description Association or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on www.audiodescription.co.uk, and the Audio Description Association considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, the Audio Description Association may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
- The Audio Description Association reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any the Audio Description Association account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Some of the content posted onto www.audiodescription.co.uk may be created by third parties. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Audio Description Association. The Audio Description Association is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public, audiodescription.co.uk or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through www.audiodescription.co.uk. Any links to third party websites from www.audiodescription.co.uk do not amount to any endorsement of that site by the Audio Description Association and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- www.audiodescription.co.uk content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the Audio Description Association, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, the Audio Description Association excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. the Audio Description Association does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by the Audio Description Association is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the Audio Description Association for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes the Audio Description Association’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, the Audio Description Association shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of www.audiodescription.co.uk regardless of the form of action.
- The Audio Description Association do not warrant that functions available on www.audiodescription.co.uk will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that www.audiodescription.co.uk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of the Audio Description Association to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the the Audio Description Association’s right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Contacting the Audio Description Association about these rights
The Audio Description Association
15 Eliot Road